Well, that was a tiring weekend! Even the kids were worn out :) Matteo REALLY needed a nap today! It was a very fun, weekend, though.
Let me back up to last Thursday...Gym and Swim for Maria and swimming lessons for Cati. This was the first time that Cati did not want to go in the water. We still put her in, and she was happy once she was in the water with the teacher. I hope she'll be happier about it this week! Maria had a lot of fun. They played several games with a lot of running in the gym. She was having a lot of fun. Oh, and I thought keeping Matteo away from the water during Cati's swimming lessons was hard! That's nothing compared to keeping him with me while he watches Maria and the other kids running and playing with balls :) I'll have to bring one for him this week! Maria LOVED swimming lessons. No fear for her! She's really close to swimming on her own. Right now, her problem is that she's trying too hard. I think she'll figure it out soon. She's looking forward to going again this week.
On Friday, the girls had their first classes at St. Vincent's. Cati was in the preschool class for the whole 3 hours. They focused on apples for the day...several art projects, songs, and snack :) Maria had 3 classes: Intro to Earth Science, Nutrition and Fitness, and Family History. I'm really excited about the Earth Science because that the topic we're studying next in science at home, so it will help me a lot! We're gonna adjust our schedule and study right along with her class. I think her Nutrition class will be good, too. They had to take a pretest, and she said she knew everything except for the names of some bones (more advanced than I was expecting!) I think she'll learn some good things in that class.
Saturday, we went to the Family Retreat. It was really nice (once we found the place!). It started with Mass. Then we all had lunch together. They had all-day adoration for the adults, so Dany and I took turns doing that. Then they had a Children's Adoration Hour lead by the priest. It was really nice, and they are talking about doing that weekly at St. Vincent's for the kids. Then there was a talk for the adults. Then we all had a potluck supper. We had to leave after that because it took a little more than an hour to drive home. It was a good day, and we enjoyed meeting more homeschoolers!
On Sunday, we went to Mass in the morning, and then our yearly parish picnic was that afternoon. It was rather cool outside, but at least it was sunny! There was lots of yummy food. They had games for the kids, which our kids loved...I'll try to post videos/pics of those soon.
Now, it is Monday, and we're happily sitting at home doing school work. The house has been terribly neglected over that past few days, so I'm looking forward to getting it in order!!! This evening will be Maria's first Religious Ed class for the year. She's really looking forward to that (She went last year and loved it)! The girls attend the Good Shepherd Program, which is a Montesouri-based program about the Liturgy and the Bible, mainly. We do Catechism at home (yes, the Baltimore catechism is still alive and well in Catholic homeschooling families!), so this program is a nice complement to what we do.
I didn't have much to say about Matteo, but here he is demonstrating his vocal talents :)
1 comment:
We need to get you a cape that says "Super Mom" :) When Rob and I start having kids I'm calling you when I need help!
btw, the deleted "spelling bee" comment was mine. I mean to put it here. :)
Post a Comment