I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. It was just a school day, our one day of the week with no where to go! We got lots of work done. We had our Tuesday spelling bee. It really doesn't seem fair...I ask Matteo, "What does the letter 's' say?" and he responds correctly and gets his M&M. Cati's list has short "i" words this week, so I say, "Spell 'fit'" and she says, "f - i - t" and gets her M&M. Then it's Maria's turn. Her words this week include 'enough' and 'country.' It's just a lot tougher for her!! She's good natured about it, though, even when she misses some of her words and her M&M. I gave her a second chance on the ones she missed for "half credit." She made a 100% on her test last week, so having the spelling bee and pointing out the the words that are the hardest for her is helping.
This is the last week of regular work for our first quarter. Next week is a lot of review of the last 8 weeks, ending on Friday with tests for the quarter in religion, spelling, vocabulary, english, and math. She also has to write the final draft of her book review and a paragraph for english. I've been trying to get write up some review sheets for religion and vocab. I'm also planning for the 2nd quarter starting the next week.
Cati took her 1st spelling test last week and did very well. She also took her first phonics test and also did very well. She was excited about taking a test like her big sister - LOL! We'll see if that enjoyment lasts :)
Well, time to start supper, so I'll leave you with a video of Cati and Chiara.
1 comment:
Post a Comment