Friday, November 16, 2012

7 Quick Takes, Vol. 3

--- 1 ---

Ready for Thanksgiving? I've been making my to-do list for the break. It includes cleaning the house, making Christmas gifts, and getting a haircut!

--- 2 ---

Yes, I'm planning to make a Thanksgiving meal during the break, too. All of our family live too far away to spend the day with them, so I will just be cooking for us. It's always difficult to plan the meal - it's a balance between satisfying my cravings for the traditional thanksgiving staples and the rest of the family's desire to have some form of pasta as the main course for all meals. {{sigh}}

--- 3 ---

Why do we get so concerned about gift buy this time of year? A child's favorite toy will always be an empty box and a lot of tape!


Elena taping a card board box
Elena playing in the box


Chiara playing in the box




--- 4 ---

Today was the last day of classes for the kids at St. Vincent for this semester. Their biggest concern that this brings: "Does this mean we have to start going to the grocery store with you?!?" (I always do our weekly shopping while they are in their classes on Friday afternoons.)

Chiara presenting the art she made in her class this semester
 




--- 5 ---

An excerpt from Cati's NaNoWriMo novel:

Suddenly, something huge swooped down and grabbed me! I looked up and my stomach turned upside down. Poison's father was kidnapping me! "I took your teeny sister, too!" Poison's father said. Poison's father flew to a huge cave with bars on the door. He dropped me inside and I saw that not only had Elena been captured, but Poison was in prison, too!

--- 6 ---

I was recently wondering when Giuseppe would come up with some word for nursing as all of his siblings had by his age. This week, he started asking to nurse by saying with a big smile, "Smackrel?" (You Winnie-the-Pooh lovers out there should appreciate this!)

--- 7 ---

NaNoWriMo update:

Maria - 8,604 / 12,000 words

Cati - 3010 / 5000 words

Matteo - 976 / 1000 words

When asking the girls this evening what the best thing was about this week, hoping to get an idea for one of these Quick Takes, they both said reaching a word count milestone - 3000 for Cati and 6000 for Maria. This has been a big event around here this month, and the kids seem to be enjoying the challenge!

 

 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

 

1 comment:

Modest Mama said...

I love Cati's story! I want to read it when she is finished!