
It turns out that going trick-or-treating during a diminishing hurricane sounded unpleasant to most people around here. Go figure! So, the city has rescheduled it for this Saturday. It's still supposed to be chilly, but not raining!
I've enjoyed seeing lots of pictures of family and friends dressed up for Halloween! Such creative people I'm surrounded with! Maybe it'll rub off on me. By far, my favorite had to be my little nephew, the banana, whose costume was inspired by his older cousin's love of bad knock-knock jokes when he was 3 :)
![]() |
| Chiara checking on her reading progress |
Chairs is doing so well with her reading! She's reading short vowel words with consonant blends and diagrams now. She's getting close to the end of Level 1 of her reading program. I caught her checking on her progress chart where she puts a sticker after completing each lesson.
It's always exciting to see the kids finally begin reading! It's hard work for them (and helps me practice a lot of patience!). A whole new world opens up for them when they can read!
![]() |
| Giuseppe tries to use the pencil sharpener |
Elena just crawled into my lap and said, "Can you smell my piggies? I need to take a bath."
For the record, she had a bath last night, and her piggies smell fine. I think it's time for a story instead.
I love the Blogsy app that let's me blog from my iPad. It's even easier than blogging from my computer! I can drag photos from my iPad photos right into the post. It seems to be a very well-done app. I would love to be able to do everything from my iPad. It's so portable and easy to use. I just need to find a good word processing app that uses Dropbox.
NaNoWriMo word count update:
Maria: 1674 - Cati: 573 - Matteo: 365
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


No comments:
Post a Comment