Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another Ultrasound

I had another ultrasound this afternoon. Elena is still breech. She kind of looks like a 7-lb Buddha in there sitting up with her legs crossed :)

They checked the amniotic fluid levels again, which was the main reason for the ultrasound. Normal levels are 5-25, and really, 10 and up are what you want. Last Tuesday, the levels measured 5.8. Today, it had fallen a bit to 5.3. They REALLY don't like the levels to get below 5. These low levels are a big reason why she can't turn on her own, and why a doctor can't attempt to turn her. They also increase the risk of cord compression, reducing blood flow to the baby. Her heartrate was good today, and she's done well on all of her NSTs. Tomorrow, I will see the doctor, and we'll see what he has to say about today's ultrasound. They are supposed to do another NST. I'll post again tomorrow!

Also, make sure you're keeping John Paul Rosamond in your prayers. He had another 'development' yesterday, which required unplanned surgery. Check out the Rosamond blog for more details.

No comments: