Thursday, September 6, 2012

How's school going?

School is going well around here! I'm pleasantly surprised! I spent A LOT of time this summer planning and entering lessons on Homeschool Tracker Online (HST Online) and I'm happy to see that it was worth it! I print out assignment sheets daily for the 3 older kids with all of their work listed, corrections to be made on previous work, chores, and exercises. The kids really like knowing exactly what they need to do each day. We do follow a schedule, but if they finish a subject early, then they can move on to other work and get ahead of schedule. I love that's it has freed me answering, "What do I do now?" dozens of times a day so that I can actually spend time teaching. I've even had time to read and cut and glue and color with the little ones! I also like how HST lists all the assignments for me to check-off as graded. I can't tell you how many times I've had to apologize to one of the kids for forgetting to grade things because I didn't have a list of what needed to be graded.

I'm glad things are going smoothly so far and that all of our curricula seem to be working out well. I'll try to post some of the work the kids have done soon so you can have a peek into our homeschool days.

No comments: