Friday, December 23, 2011

A day in Milan

We spent the day in Milan. It was a great day! Of course, it's all an experience from riding the train and the subway, staying together on the busy streets, eating lunch, and visiting the bathroom :). Cati has decided that she does NOT like Italian bathrooms :) :). I must concur!

We visited the Cathedral, the Castle, and the Basilica of St. Ambrose. My favorite by far was the Basilica. It was originally built at the end of the 4th century, but it has undergone many restorations. It's not busy and there are labels (in English!) on everything you see. They had great things to see there, including, of course, St. Ambrose.

Here are some of our pictures today of our trip. I wish I could label them all, but it's not possible from this Blogger app.

Look for the picture of Mary nursing baby Jesus. Giuseppe was in need of a smackerel of something' sweet, so we thought this was a great place for it! No picture of that, though :)