Saturday, May 15, 2010

Family Sacraments Poster

Yeah!! I did it! Do you know how it is when you get a project in mind, and you think about it for a long time...and then you actually do it ?!?! For instance, I decided to embroider a prayer book cever for a 1st Communion gift for Cati --- oops, that was 2 weeks ago and I still haven't finished it :)

This is about a project that I DID complete! When we arranged our prayer room a few months ago, I thought about how nice it would be to have pictures in there of Sacraments that we have received along with all the information about them. Well, this past Thursday (Ascension Thursday) I spent the morning going through photos and ordering 4x6" collage photos from Walmart for all of our Sacraments. Then, I typed up the info about them - names, dates, places. Today, I put it all together and hung it on the wall. Now, we won't forget any of these important anniversaries throughout the year!



You can see that there's still space for future Sacraments (and future kids!). Maria has completed her Sacraments of Initiation, and Cati only has Confirmation left to receive. The 3 younger children have only received the Sacrament of Baptism. I'd also like to get the dates (and perhaps photos???) of Dany and my others Sacraments when we were children.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I'll try to add that to my project list as well. The response to your comment from my last blog is: the girls take dance at Rome Civic Ballet. It is Christian and they do a Christian performance in the fall and secular in the spring. They are the nicest people ever and the girls haven't gotten tired of it yet.

Modest Mama said...

Angela! I love this! Do you take orders? Maybe we could trade a poster for some cute skirts!

Kate Wicker said...

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing.