I have never embroidered. I have quilted, crocheted, cross-stitched, and sewn on a machine, but I have never embroidered. Recently I came across an amazing website embroidery website, and it is just so wonderful that I had to share! It's called Mary Corbet's Needle n' Thread.
I have enjoyed this site for so many reasons. I was first attracted by all the resources for beginners: a video library of stitches, tutorials (I've found 2 tutorials so far, one on lettering and text, and one on shading), free patterns (some with stitching recommendations). As I looked further, I saw pictures of her work, which I believe are breath-taking! Look at this project that she completed for a priest's vestment - be sure to scroll down to see detailed pictures. (Did I mention that she's Catholic?)
She seems to post something new every day. Some days it is an update on a project that she's working on. On other days she posts about other embroidery that she admires. Today, Holy Saturday, she posted pictures of a vestment of St. John Vianney and discussed it's embroidery.
I've so much from this site so far. I've found it very inspirational! So, I just had to share, especially since I know there are several of you who enjoy sewing, too!!
Will I start embroidering now? Well, time is always my biggest obstacle :) However, obstacles exist to be overcome! Maria and I (maybe Cati) will be trying our hand at some simple embroidery. Perhaps you'll see some of our efforts on the blog in the future!
Wishing a blessed Easter to you all!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment