Here is one of Cati's science experiments for the week. She was still learning about air - that it is "something" even if it is invisible. She learned in this experiment that air has mass, that it weighs something.
First, we hung empty balloons at either end of a yard stick and hung it from a string so that it was balanced.
After we blew up the balloons on one end, we saw that that end of the yardstick went down because that end was heavier.
Here's Chiara enjoying a little outside time. Occasionally, we have decent weather around here! Chiara insisted on the bike helmet :) And, that morning I did put a dress on top of this ensemble, but I'm not sure what happened to it :)
Here's Cati doing some math. She was learning about fractional parts of a group.
Here's Matteo doing a little math.
Every morning, he puts up the date for the day on his calendar with a shape that follows that pattern for the month.
And, he adds to his graph of the weather each morning.
Here are pictures of Cati's other science project for the week. She was learning about how much water compared to land is on the earth. She and Matteo threw an inflatable globe back and forth to each other and then noted where the tip if their right index finger pointed, to land or water. Then, we compared our numbers to the actual ratio of land to water on earth.
Here's Maria working on art. I will scan in her drawings from last week eventually. I thought she did a good job.
Here is Chiara doing what she does best during school time - making a mess! I think she was playing in Cati's glass of water with a fork and a toy. You can see that the front of her dress is wet.
Here is Cati's history project for the week. It's a snake to go along with a story from the middle east called "Sinbad and the Valley of the Snakes."
When I don't scan in any work, I don't have much to show for Maria. She doesn't have history projects - just reading and writing. We are reading the book "Johnny Tremain" together, which we are both enjoying. She did a couple of simple science demonstrations as we continued talking about friction, motion, speed, and acceleration. One such demostration involved dropping play-doh balls off the stairs. Of course, Chiara and Matteo had to join in on this one. Dany came home (early), and walked in on this activity - oops! We usually try to complete all messy or "wild" school activities before he gets home :)
No comments:
Post a Comment