Saturday, March 14, 2009

Homeschool Week 3/9 - 3/13

Here's our week!


In history this week, we did a lot of reading! From our history spine, Story of the World, we read 2 chapters about ancient India and 2 chapters about ancient China. And, we read the following book, You Wouldn't Want to Work on the Great Wall of China, which was good.



In science, Maria finished her work on nutrition for her school district homeschool requirement. Next week, we should be able to get back to our usual chemistry studies!

Maria read a book about Marie Curie this week and wrote a paragraph about her.









Cati finished her butterfly lapbook and started on her spider lapbook.

















She's been practicing cursive a little bit everyday. Here's sample from last week. She enjoys putting stickers on her work when she's done :)







Here's some penguin artwork that Cati brought home from St. Vincent on Friday.





Chiara wanted to show off her artwork, too!







Matteo made this "Cat-in-the-Hat" hat during his preschool class at St. Vincent yesterday.












It's not often that I get to post a picture of Maria doing something besides reading and writing. She doesn't have much in the way of hands on activities in her subjects anymore. But, this week, she had to make a page showing decimals with decimeters, centimeters, and millimeters. She had lengths of these measurements that she had to cut and tape together according to the given decimal. (See the picture below this one for a better explanation!)

















Here is Cati measuring with 1" tiles during math.













EVERYDAY, my biggest challenge with Chiara is during Cati's math. Chiara ALWAYS makes a mess with some of the manipulatives. Here she is on one of her missions this week!









Have a great week!

2 comments:

Kelly Rosamond said...

Love the blog make-over! You can't tell me you don't "decorate." Decking out the blog is as fun as redoing a house, but a lot cheaper, and you can do it again and again :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I want to homeschool next year. I have a 4,3,2,1, and baby due July. I don't even know how to get started. I am a former teacher. You look like you do amazing things with the kids. I love the lap books. Our blog is johnston4in4.blogspot.com and my email is beth_johnston@comcast.net if you have any tips. Thanks, love reading your stuff!