Sunday, March 1, 2009

Homeschool Week 2/23 - 2/27

I'm really late posting for the week! And, I wasn't very good about taking pictures this week. I do have some samples of work we finished.





In history, we continued studying Rome. Here is Cati's narration listing some of ancient Rome's building accomplishments:











Here is Maria's narration based on a fictional story about gladiators.

















Maria's sugar crystals grew during the week.

Before...



After...




She also read this book this week for chemistry. It's a great book about water with wonderful pictures!




In her art class at St. Vincent on Friday, Maria learned about pointelism. Here's a butterfly that she made.



Here's another one she's working on...



Cati's still breezing through Level 2 of her math program. We went through another 14 lessons this week :) Here is a pretty picture she made when she was supposed to make a color pattern with the letters of her name:





Cati learned about honey bees this week. I was a lot of fun! But, we didn't finish that lapbook. We have just a few things left to do in it. I'll have pictures next week. Here is a picture that Cati felt inspired to draw this afternoon:
But, I do have pictures from our frog lapbook from last week...












Well, that's all I have for this week!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Your week looks great and I like the lapbooks. Good job figuring out the html.