Chiara is nearly 6-years-old. She has lost seven teeth so far. I think only one of them has made it to the tooth fairy. She has swallowed three or four of them. Normally, I'm the one who points out to her that she's missing a tooth in a conversation that goes something like this:
Me: Chiara, open your mouth. Yep, you've finally lost that loose tooth! Yay! When did you loose it? Where is it?
Chiara (after feeling around her mouth with her tongue): Oh, I did? Hmmm. I don't know, Mom. I guess I swallowed it. (Runs off to play with about as much concern as someone who had been told that the grass is still green today.)
Today she lost her seventh tooth during breakfast and proudly took it out and showed it to me. It's so rare that she gets to show off her missing tooth, so you can imagine how happy she was! About thirty minutes later she came to me and asked, "Mom, have you seen my missing tooth?" Yep, she lost it! It made it out of her mouth but not to the tooth fairy.
I suggested that she write a letter and explain the situation to the tooth fairy. She dictated her message to me and then taped a picture of herself with her toothless smile and a paper tooth on top of that (all her idea). I image the tooth fairy will treasure this letter for a long time :)
![]() |
| Chiara and her snaggle-tooth smile |


No comments:
Post a Comment