Friday, December 7, 2012

7 Quick Takes, vol. 6

--- 1 ---

It's definitely the pre-Christmas season. The kids are getting more hyper everyday! At least I've done this enough times to know what to expect. We've kinda been doing minimal schooling including math, Latin, history/science reading, and editing the kids's NaNoWriMo stories. We've been using the rest of our time to work on Christmas gifts. We mailed the ones for Italy this week!

--- 2 ---

Speaking of Christmas gifts, I'm really happy with the work the kids have put into their gifts! I can't help but to give a little sneak peak :)

 



--- 3 ---

Matteo's NaNoWriMo story is done and edited to his liking!

--- 4 ---

Cute baby picture of the week:

Giuseppe LOVES to play outside!

--- 5 ---

We had a great time this afternoon/evening at St. Vincent. We participated in a procession for Our Lady of Guadalupe (this feast isn't until next week, but since they are having finals next week, I guess it was best to combine this with the vigil of the feast of the Immaculate Conception). Then, we went to the Vigil Mass, which was mostly in Spanish. This was my first Spanish Mass, and it was very enjoyable. Then, they had a Mexican-themed dinner in the cafeteria. Everyone found something yummy to eat!

Preparing for the procession
 

--- 6 ---

We think that learning to square numbers in your head makes for an entertaining dinner activity.

--- 7 ---

We are looking forward to enjoying the Feast day tomorrow and continuing the prayerful preparations of the Advent season! I hope you are, too!

 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

 

No comments: