On Wednesday afternoon, the temps were in the teens (relatively warm) and I let the kids go play in the snow. It has snowed a good bit more since then, but I haven't let them out to play. It's just been too cold.
Last weekend, the kids made their garden stepping stones from the kit that Uncle Rob and Aunt Jess gave them for Christmas. Then the kids wanted to know when they could start planting seeds for their garden. I assured them that it would a LONG time!!
We had a good homeschool week this week. I really feel that we're back in the swing of things!
We got back to our drawing projects this week. For Cati's birthday, she received some oil pastels from Aunt Ginny, so we explored those in our drawings.
Here was Maria's inspiration for her drawing. She drew the flower with the butterfly on it.

She was very happy with the results that the pastels gave her.

Then she drew the same picture with her art markers.

I got the Play-doh out this week to try to keep Matteo and Chiara occupied during my lessons with the older girls. Cati finished her work quickly and joined in the fun. Play-doh has always been one of her favorite things! She made a Minotaur. We've read the story of the Minotaur of Crete in history lately. The kids have loved the book and read it lots of time, even though I find the story rather gruesome!

In science this week, Maria did an experiment about density.
In science this week, Maria did an experiment about density.

Here is her drawing in pastels:
3 comments:
I love the way you do your update. School looks fun at your house!
I like the way you do your weekly reports in a story style. It looks like a fun and creative week at your house!
Julia
www.greensummervillian.wordpress.com
I enjoyed reading about your week, especially seeing your daughter's art! I think the pig in marker is my favorite-there is such expression in the face!
Glad you are getting a little warm up. Winter weather has been hard for us lately (-25 F. yesterday with a winchill of -41 F. Ouch), but we're a balmy 16 degrees F. today. Amazing what a difference a day makes, right?
Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment